Drug Crimes

  • drug
  • drug_v
  • drug_s

Drug Related Crimes

People can face serious drug related crime charges attached with severe punishments if convicted, both under federal or state law. Some of these charges include:

  • The sale of or intent to sell illegal drugs or controlled substances.
  • The manufacture of or intent to manufacture illegal drugs or controlled substances.
  • The distribution of or intent to distribute illegal drugs or controlled substances.
  • The trafficking of or intent to traffic illegal drugs or controlled substances.
  • The possession of illegal drugs or controlled substances.
  • The importing of illegal drugs or controlled substances.
  • Conspiracies to do any of the above.
  • Possession or sale of drug paraphernalia.

Defenses to Drug Possession Charges

If you have been charged with drug possession or intent to sell, you have several defenses you may claim:

  • Medical necessity.
  • Prescription issued by doctor.
  • Unlawful search resulting in seizure of drugs.
  • Problem with lab analysis.
  • Entrapment or improper police conduct.

Experienced California Attorneys for State and Federal Drug Related Crimes

The severity of the sentence for a drug related conviction ranges from comparatively minor sanctions related with mere possession of a drug, to severe penalties, including jail time, for crimes such as trafficking or sale.

Due to the potential for harsh penalties related with drug crimes, the decision of hiring the right criminal defense attorney can prove to be a life changing decision. At Koohanim Law Firm, we have the expertise to defend you against these serious charges. We have a track record of successfully defending and winning drug related cases and we can do the same for you.

Reduce Your Sentence – Proposition 47

Proposition 47 requires lighter sentencing for certain drug and theft crimes. It also allows a person already serving a felony conviction to petition the court for resentencing. It also allows a person who has completed his or her sentence to petition the trial court to have their felony conviction reduced to a misdemeanor. If you are serving or have served a sentence for a felony drug or theft conviction, contact our firm to see if you can petition the trial court for resentencing or to change your felony conviction to a misdemeanor.